Almost all people with autism have issues with speech and language. Sometimes these issues are obvious; many people with autism are non-verbal or use speech very poorly. Sometimes the issues relate not to articulation or grammar but to "speech pragmatics" (the use of speech to build social relationships). Across the board, though, speech and language therapy is likely to be helpful for people with autism.
Some of the most popular thrapies in this area are:
- Autism defense fails, man gets 8 years - The Laconia Daily Sun
- Federal law increases use of services for autism without raising out-of-pocket costs - Medical Xpress
- ASU student holds book review on his journey with autism - WALB-TV
- Gym allows autistic kids to rock the spectrum - Tampabay.com
- Lake Jackson police looking for missing teen with autism | abc13.com - KTRK-TV
- Dr. Paul Thomas Responds to AAP's Dr. Fernando Stein's Vaccine Safety Article
- Dachel Interview: Dr. Paul Thomas
- When One Mom is Called Supermom, She Responds With This
- Jenny’s 4 Self-Love Tips for Moms This Valentine’s Day
- Is licorice intake during pregnancy linked to ADHD in offspring?
- 'Celeste' features a main character with autism - KTVA.com - Anchorage, Alaska
- Council Rock students organize fundraiser to benefit Autism Cares ... - Bucks Local News