April Is World Autism Awareness Month.:
Contact the incoming Minister and share your concerns?
12 is better than none....and the State schools get lots of funding as opposed to Private.......so. choices.... choices......
IMO - 12 sessions spread over 3 years is a waste of money - and time - and gives caregivers a false sense of security - as "hey - we're doing what the experts say - so I must be doing the best possible for the child". The efforts would be better directed elsewhere - or as Buzz suggests, to those with the most severe needs.
I don't need to contact the minister, this will affect me in no way - maybe the Public System has changed, but from my experiences, what they provide and what their experts recommend, falls far short of what is really needed to make a difference.
As for the Private/public debate - what you ay is true, but doesn't change the fact that the situation and allocation of funds is unjust - private school peeps still pay for a spot in the publkic system, they just choose to go somewhere else when the public system can't/won't provide the level of care/service that is really required.
IMO - of course.
But for a child such as Buzz describes - even one session a week would do little - and what? after 3 years they're magically "cured"? reached their full potential? developed their skills as much as possible?
pfft - The Experts at the DAT team discharged a child at 6 years of age saying he was within normal parameters, when he couldn't hold a pencil, farless draw or write - couldn't sit in a desk, etc etc etc and a whole range of other age appropriate "norms" deemed necessary for a child of that age.
- Severity of autism may be diagnosed through analysis of micromovements
- Autism Speaks post rattles some readers - Palm Beach Daily News
- PD: Boy with autism goes missing in Mesa - ABC15.com (KNXV-TV)
- Seven Surprising Things You Can Do at Home to Help Your Child Eat New Foods
- AUTISM: Bad air, genetics add up to higher risk - Press-Enterprise
- Vancouver man with autism missing since Tues. - kgw.com
- Can Synesthesia in Autism Lead to Savantism? - Scientific American (blog)
- Autism Made Easier at Christmas With the Help of Sensitive Santas - Guardian Express
- Micromovement Analysis Improves Diagnosis of Autism - PsychCentral.com
- Princeton-based Eden Autism Services names new CEO - The Times of Trenton - NJ.com
- Brain circuitry disrupted by prenatal exposure to alcohol
- Tadpoles could offer insight into autism - The Brown Daily Herald
Other Autism Discussions on the Web
When a Child With Autism Goes Missing- A Mother's Story provided by Nancy O'Brien and the Autism Speaks - Chicagoland Chapter
Link Between Junk Food & Autism Is Sad But Not Surprising. Does the link between processed food and autism surprise you?
Link Between Junk Food & Autism Is Sad But Not Surprising. Does the link between processed food and autism surprise you? - CafeMom
My daughter is being diagnosed for autism and I need help dealing with this. - autism daughter diagnosis
- You can't bleach the autism out of your child
- How long should I try biomedical treatment for autism?
- Extra DPT Vaccine, Autism and Strange Rash
- What if my 3 y/o has Autism how to deal and what to do..
- Bleach Enemas As a Treatment For Autism
- What kind of school is your child in and what level autism
- Autism/ADHD diet
- The Autism Book by Dr. Robert Sears
- Is PDD-NOS considered Autism?
- Any advice/ tips on sleep issues with autism??