WATCH: Missing Autistic Child Roamed NYC Alone For 3 Days
Thanks to a couple Good Samaritans in Brooklyn, an autistic 13-year-old Bronx boy, missing since Tuesday, was reunited with his family early Friday morning, NBC New York reports.
Ross Harrison, who suffers from a severe speech impediment, was spotted by two straphangers on the J train in Brooklyn and escorted back to the Bronx.
He had been roaming the streets and subways of New York City alone for three days without food or water.
"I was worried about him every day but trying to keep positive," Ross's father told NBC. "I was praying a lot."
"It's good to know that we still have New Yorkers that care," he added.
Ross's parents suspect that Ross--fearing a bully on his schoolbus--elected to take a 4 train at 183rd Street and Jerome Avenue into Manhattan Tuesday morning on his way to school, and then proceeded to get lost.
Ross was not wearing a GPS bracelet--a common precaution for children with autism.
His parents combed the city's subways, followed up on sightings, and posted flyers with pictures of their son.
Ross's mother, Rosura Tabers, gave a teary interview to Fox News pleading for help.
And Friday morning, the family's prayers were answered.
The Tabers don't know the names of the Good Samaritans who found their son. “I just want to tell them thanks a lot," she told CBS. "They made me very happy.”
- Children's Hospital website rounds up autism resources - Philly.com
- Pantomime leads the pack in quest to entertain autistic theatre-goers - The Independent
- New computer analysis finds mutations associated with autism, cancer - Ars Technica
- Exposure of Expectant Moms to Air Pollution Doubles Risk of Autism in Kids - Tech Times
- Play Therapy Tips for Children with Autism - PsychCentral.com
- A service dog for Sutton: 9-year-old boy with autism awaits priceless gift - fox6now.com
- 12 Days of Skyhorse Publishing: Day 12 Thimerosal Let The Science Speak by Robert Kennedy Jr.
- Hi, Expectations.
- Therapeutic strategy identified that may treat a childhood neurological disorder - neurofibromatosis type 1
- Autism associated with air pollution exposure during pregnancy - 2 Minute Medicine
- Smog linked to autism risk - Visalia Times-Delta
- MSU swimmer is Rhodes finalist, researching autism - Lansing State Journal