Billy Joel a fan of autistic 6-year-old Ethan Walmark's 'Piano Man' viral video - New York Daily News
A 6-year-old's Billy Joel impression has garnered at least one high-profile fan: the Piano Man himself.
Autistic elementary school student Ethan Walmark gained viral fame this weekend as a series of videos featuring his renditions of famous songs rocketed around the Internet.
His precocious piano playing and adorable attitude quickly got the attention of Billy Joel, whose “Piano Man” Ethan covers in one of the clips.
"I think I like his intro to 'Piano Man' better than mine," Joel said in a statement issued through his spokesman on Sunday, according to the Washington Post. "And this kid plays with a lot more energy than me. Maybe he could teach me a few things."
Following Joel’s remarks, Walmark's parents expressed their shock and surprise at the overwhelming response their son's videos have received.
"The past 72 hours has been like living a Fellini movie!" they said in a statement issued Sunday evening, the Post reported. "We are honored and humbled that Mr. Joel watched Ethan's video, and took the time to make such gracious comments about his piano playing. If Ethan's love and joy of music can change one person's mind about autism, we are happy."
Ethan was diagnosed with autism four years ago, according to his parents’ donation page on the "Walk Now for Autism Speaks" website, where they hope to raise $100,000.
To date they have raised over $28,000.
- Attack on youth with autism brings new charges - Palm Beach Post
- School for children on autism spectrum begins classes - Good4Utah
- Aaron Paul Supports Brutally Attacked Teenager With Autism, Invites Him To ... - Huffington Post
- Dachel Media Update: Autism Schools in Demand
- Surfers Healing helps children with autism at Folly Beach - Live 5 News
- Autism Center That Offers Vocational Training Set to Open in East Harlem - DNAinfo
- Menendez touts Autism CARES Act's benefits for adults with disabilities - NJ.com
- ACEing Autism: Non-Profit Group Teaches Autistic Kids To Play Tennis - CBS Local
- VIDEO: Aaron Hill, teen with autism, attacked on camera - WLS-TV
- Social media images of people with disabilities: exploitative or inspirational?
- Caroline Presno: The Special Way DWTS ' Tony Dovolani Embraces Fatherhood and Raising His Autistic Son
- ASU experts follow gut reaction in autism treatment study - Arizona State University