Billy Joel a fan of autistic 6-year-old Ethan Walmark's 'Piano Man' viral video - New York Daily News
A 6-year-old's Billy Joel impression has garnered at least one high-profile fan: the Piano Man himself.
Autistic elementary school student Ethan Walmark gained viral fame this weekend as a series of videos featuring his renditions of famous songs rocketed around the Internet.
His precocious piano playing and adorable attitude quickly got the attention of Billy Joel, whose “Piano Man” Ethan covers in one of the clips.
"I think I like his intro to 'Piano Man' better than mine," Joel said in a statement issued through his spokesman on Sunday, according to the Washington Post. "And this kid plays with a lot more energy than me. Maybe he could teach me a few things."
Following Joel’s remarks, Walmark's parents expressed their shock and surprise at the overwhelming response their son's videos have received.
"The past 72 hours has been like living a Fellini movie!" they said in a statement issued Sunday evening, the Post reported. "We are honored and humbled that Mr. Joel watched Ethan's video, and took the time to make such gracious comments about his piano playing. If Ethan's love and joy of music can change one person's mind about autism, we are happy."
Ethan was diagnosed with autism four years ago, according to his parents’ donation page on the "Walk Now for Autism Speaks" website, where they hope to raise $100,000.
To date they have raised over $28,000.
- Missing child alert issued for boy with autism - WJXT Jacksonville
- Early Support Program for Autism connects families to autism resources - Stanford Medical Center Report
- Arcadia school hosts football camp for kids with autism - azcentral.com
- Community Digest: Autism fundraiser, road closures and more - Lake County News Sun
- Weekly Wrap: Renaming Autism Won't Work Forever - Age of Autism
- Guest blog: Communication lapses hinder autism research - SFARI News (blog)
- How Independence Day Clothing Is Reinventing the Way Children With Autism ... - NationSwell
- Word grasp at 12 months may reflect autism symptoms - SFARI News
- Weekly Wrap: Renaming Autism Won’t Work Forever
- Trick or treat strategies for children with autism or food allergies - Ravalli Republic
- Autism A Recent Evolution In The Human Genome? New Study Suggests It Is - Headlines & Global News
- Early Exposure To Pollutants May Cause Autism, Study Says - Design & Trend