Billy Joel a fan of autistic 6-year-old Ethan Walmark's 'Piano Man' viral video - New York Daily News
A 6-year-old's Billy Joel impression has garnered at least one high-profile fan: the Piano Man himself.
Autistic elementary school student Ethan Walmark gained viral fame this weekend as a series of videos featuring his renditions of famous songs rocketed around the Internet.
His precocious piano playing and adorable attitude quickly got the attention of Billy Joel, whose “Piano Man” Ethan covers in one of the clips.
"I think I like his intro to 'Piano Man' better than mine," Joel said in a statement issued through his spokesman on Sunday, according to the Washington Post. "And this kid plays with a lot more energy than me. Maybe he could teach me a few things."
Following Joel’s remarks, Walmark's parents expressed their shock and surprise at the overwhelming response their son's videos have received.
"The past 72 hours has been like living a Fellini movie!" they said in a statement issued Sunday evening, the Post reported. "We are honored and humbled that Mr. Joel watched Ethan's video, and took the time to make such gracious comments about his piano playing. If Ethan's love and joy of music can change one person's mind about autism, we are happy."
Ethan was diagnosed with autism four years ago, according to his parents’ donation page on the "Walk Now for Autism Speaks" website, where they hope to raise $100,000.
To date they have raised over $28,000.
- Fine particulate air pollution linked with increased autism risk - HSPH News
- Study links autism to air pollution exposure in pregnancy - Boston Globe
- Bio Bigwigs Go after Drugs for Parkinson's, Alzheimer’s and ALS
- Study finds link between autism and exposure to air pollution during pregnancy - The Week Magazine
- Congress passes bill allowing families to save money on autism care - WFSB
- Fine Particle Air Pollutants Linked to Autism - PsychCentral.com (blog)
- 'Deep learning' finds autism, cancer mutations in unexplored regions of genome
- Tiny gene fragments linked to altered brain development in autism, U of T ... - Toronto Star
- Maternal exposure to air pollution linked to offspring autism risk - Medical News Today
- Action Alert: Contact Gov Kasich as Ohio Faces Vaccination Schedule Increase
- 12 Days of Skyhorse Publishing: Day 10 Thinking Moms' Revolution
- Review of Plague by Kent Heckenlively and Judy Mikovits