Billy Joel a fan of autistic 6-year-old Ethan Walmark's 'Piano Man' viral video - New York Daily News
A 6-year-old's Billy Joel impression has garnered at least one high-profile fan: the Piano Man himself.
Autistic elementary school student Ethan Walmark gained viral fame this weekend as a series of videos featuring his renditions of famous songs rocketed around the Internet.
His precocious piano playing and adorable attitude quickly got the attention of Billy Joel, whose “Piano Man” Ethan covers in one of the clips.
"I think I like his intro to 'Piano Man' better than mine," Joel said in a statement issued through his spokesman on Sunday, according to the Washington Post. "And this kid plays with a lot more energy than me. Maybe he could teach me a few things."
Following Joel’s remarks, Walmark's parents expressed their shock and surprise at the overwhelming response their son's videos have received.
"The past 72 hours has been like living a Fellini movie!" they said in a statement issued Sunday evening, the Post reported. "We are honored and humbled that Mr. Joel watched Ethan's video, and took the time to make such gracious comments about his piano playing. If Ethan's love and joy of music can change one person's mind about autism, we are happy."
Ethan was diagnosed with autism four years ago, according to his parents’ donation page on the "Walk Now for Autism Speaks" website, where they hope to raise $100,000.
To date they have raised over $28,000.
- Alex Foundation BBQ fundraiser aims to raise autism awareness - KRTV Great Falls News
- Chino Hills family to participate in Autism Speaks walk in Anaheim - Inland Valley Daily Bulletin
- Arts, Beats & Eats puts smiles on kids with autism - Detroit Free Press
- Comic Book Stars World's First Hero With Autism - NBCNews.com
- Havin' Trouble with CDC Whistleblower, William Thompson - Age of Autism
- Parents airlifted to JMH for injuries - Local 10
- ADHD drugs 'do not stunt children's growth,' say AAP
- Parents flown to Miami hospitals for injuries - Local 10
- Autism Research: August 29,2014 Week In Review - Autism Daily Newscast
- Translational Neurodegeneration Journal Retract Paper on Study of Autism and ... - Autism Daily Newscast
- Organization Offers Tips to Parents of Children with Autism - TWC News
- Prep volleyball: Pawnee City players organize autism fundraiser - Lincoln Journal Star