Tinkyada Gluten Free Organic Brown Rice Spirals & Fettucini
Since becoming gluten free I have tried several different types of pasta – corn and rice to name two popular ones. By far my most favorite is Tinkyada’s Gluten Organic Free Brown Rice Spirals. You can find a list of all their products here. The spirals are available with or without rice bran – I haven’t noticed the difference but the only ones I find at my grocery store are the ones without. The ones with the rice bran however are usually cheaper.
Unlike the effect sometimes found with corn pasta, the brown rice pasta does not change the flavor of the pasta dish you are creating. I have used them for pasta with plain marinara, with alfredo sauce (using the Tinkyada fettucine noodles) and even cold in a pasta salad dish. These spirals are almost indistinguishable in taste from your normal pasta (not whole wheat). I always found the texture of the whole wheat pastas to be rather grainy. For someone who is watching their intake based on the glycemic index, brown rice is a great alternative to white rice pasta and as a whole grain without the rough texture.
These noodles have even been tested on my non-gluten free friends and they agree that the taste is great. I had several people try the pasta salad and they said they couldn’t tell the difference! So for all you looking for a wheat alternative, I highly recommend the Tinkyada line. One note to you – I ALWAYS rinse my rice pasta. If you do not rinse it, it develops a rice-y film that changes the texture. Also be sure you don’t under-cook the pasta or it is rather chewy. I cook for maximum time and then rinse under cold water.
Tinkyada » Brown Rice Spirals
Tinkyada » Brown Rice Fettucine
- CDC Whistleblower and Probability of Post-MMR Autism Diagnosis
- The CDC: the Detective Agency Which Could Never Find Anything
- 5-year-old boy with autism lost for hours on bus in SW Houston - KPRC Houston
- Moms seek best education for children with autism - Pensacola News Journal
- Many With Autism Lack Knowledge On Sex, Study Finds - Disability Scoop
- A Study on Drugs Restoring Extra Synapses in Brain Can Cure Autism - International Business Times AU
- YBGR playground to help children with autism boost social, communication skills - Billings Gazette
- CDC Whistleblower on Thimerosal in Pregnant Women
- Police search for missing 24-year-old with autism, Benjamin Vazquez - News 12 Bronx (registration)
- Dachel Media Update: CDC MMR SOS
- Autism Affecting Synapses Study Leaves More Questions Than Answers - Guardian Liberty Voice
- Link between prenatal antidepressant exposure, autism risk called into question