Tinkyada Gluten Free Organic Brown Rice Spirals & Fettucini
Since becoming gluten free I have tried several different types of pasta – corn and rice to name two popular ones. By far my most favorite is Tinkyada’s Gluten Organic Free Brown Rice Spirals. You can find a list of all their products here. The spirals are available with or without rice bran – I haven’t noticed the difference but the only ones I find at my grocery store are the ones without. The ones with the rice bran however are usually cheaper.
Unlike the effect sometimes found with corn pasta, the brown rice pasta does not change the flavor of the pasta dish you are creating. I have used them for pasta with plain marinara, with alfredo sauce (using the Tinkyada fettucine noodles) and even cold in a pasta salad dish. These spirals are almost indistinguishable in taste from your normal pasta (not whole wheat). I always found the texture of the whole wheat pastas to be rather grainy. For someone who is watching their intake based on the glycemic index, brown rice is a great alternative to white rice pasta and as a whole grain without the rough texture.
These noodles have even been tested on my non-gluten free friends and they agree that the taste is great. I had several people try the pasta salad and they said they couldn’t tell the difference! So for all you looking for a wheat alternative, I highly recommend the Tinkyada line. One note to you – I ALWAYS rinse my rice pasta. If you do not rinse it, it develops a rice-y film that changes the texture. Also be sure you don’t under-cook the pasta or it is rather chewy. I cook for maximum time and then rinse under cold water.
Tinkyada » Brown Rice Spirals
Tinkyada » Brown Rice Fettucine
- Best Of: Surviving the Fall Season by Zack Peter
- Book Debut The Vaccine Court: The Dark Truth of America's Vaccine Injury Compensation Program
- Autism symptoms occur independently in general population - SFARI News (blog)
- Study identifies more genes tied to autism, researchers say findings an ... - fox13now.com
- Each Day I Like It Better: Autism, ECT & the Treatment of Our Most Impaired ... - PsychCentral.com
- Lawmakers Urge Feds To Listen To Autism Self-Advocates - Disability Scoop
- Researchers in Oregon identify autism-risk genes - Reuters
- Autism Kills From The Outside In: RIP Dyasha Smith - Age of Autism
- Dachel Media Update: Wow! Autism Has More Genes Than Levi Strauss! - Age of Autism
- Conventional police interview techniques are not effective for people with autism - Medical Xpress
- Scavenger hunt in Va. Beach benefits autism awareness - 13newsnow.com
- Unparalleled gene-sequencing study has identified dozens of high-confidence autism genes and hundreds more worthy of study