Children with autism are often frustrated. They are misunderstood, have a tough time communicating their needs, suffer from hypersensitivities to sound, light and touch ... no wonder they sometimes act out! Behavior therapists are trained to figure out just what lies behind negative behaviors, and to recommend changes to the environment and routines to improve behavior.
Some of the most popular thrapies in this area are:
- Applied Behavior Analysis: What Makes a Great ABA Program?
- Architecture and Autism: Providing Supports for the Autistic Child or Adult Through the Built Environment.
- Breaking Through Behavior-The Camphill Communities Anthroposophical Approach to Autism.
- CARD eLearning and Skills: Web-Based Training, Assessment.
- Center for Autism Spectrum Disorders, Munroe-Meyer Institute.
- Early Start Denver Model.
- Relationship Development Intervention.
- Curriculum and Progress Tracking for Children with Autism.
- MERIT: Integrating ABA with Developmental Models.
- Autism defense fails, man gets 8 years - The Laconia Daily Sun
- Federal law increases use of services for autism without raising out-of-pocket costs - Medical Xpress
- ASU student holds book review on his journey with autism - WALB-TV
- Gym allows autistic kids to rock the spectrum - Tampabay.com
- Lake Jackson police looking for missing teen with autism | abc13.com - KTRK-TV
- Dr. Paul Thomas Responds to AAP's Dr. Fernando Stein's Vaccine Safety Article
- Dachel Interview: Dr. Paul Thomas
- When One Mom is Called Supermom, She Responds With This
- Jenny’s 4 Self-Love Tips for Moms This Valentine’s Day
- Is licorice intake during pregnancy linked to ADHD in offspring?
- 'Celeste' features a main character with autism - KTVA.com - Anchorage, Alaska
- Council Rock students organize fundraiser to benefit Autism Cares ... - Bucks Local News