Welcome to Recovery From Autism
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates 1 in 88 U.S. children has been diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
- Autism prevalence figures are growing, 23 percent increase since 2006
- More children will be diagnosed with autism this year than with AIDS, diabetes & cancer combined
- Autism is the fastest-growing serious developmental disability in the U.S.
- Autism costs the nation over $35 billion per year, a figure expected to significantly increase in the next decade
- Autism receives less than 5% of the research funding of many less prevalent childhood diseases
- Boys are four times more likely than girls to have autism (1 in 50 boys and 1 in 252 girls)
In spite of these staggering autism statistics, more and more children are recovering from autism through early intervention and by employing strategies such as diet modification, biomedical intervention, speech and numerous other cutting edge technologies as successful tool.
The Recovery From Autism (RFA) offers parents hope and a platform to know about a treatment, information about the latest techniques and an upto date news to treat autism. Through these efforts parents can find hope and propel children to make progress and can even recover their child from autism.
Want to share your thoughts? We are now accepting guest posts from families that are coping with Autism. Send us your article, no matter how big or small, over at recoveryfromautism.com